Thursday, July 14, 2011

SOMETHING ABOUT BEARDS
-----------------------------------------

Shanghai: everywhere I went students would approach me, and pointing to my beard enquire (as best they could) if I was a professor.
On informing them that I was simply a Scottish tourist, they were not too disappointed, and excitedly started asking about ‘Braveheart,’ and where was my skirt!

A week later, wandering the streets of Hong Kong, we accidentally wandered into the red light district, and when the ladies approached me there (as they did)
It was I, who helplessly stroked my very white beard, shrugged my shoulders, and sent them on their way giggling  -  AH WELL!




incense to the Gods
drifts into the square
bathes the mah-jong players

1 comment:

Gordon Mason said...

Nice story lines John ... and couldn't mah-jong be a Scots word?!