Monday, August 22, 2011



IN THE DARK WOOD
----------------------------



Old miner.
I remember the day you took me below ground for the first time,
hurtling down and down in a rusty cage, then walking the dripping wet tunnels
for a mile, to meet up with your gang working at the face.

It was at this point, you turned our head lamps off, so that I might experience true darkness: everything but consciousness disappearing  -   a moment in eternity (sadly none of the others were aware of it)  - awareness freed from the World; from this identity I'd taken to be me; from everything; only IT remaining, aware of itself (the great journey completed)  -  the Zen Master’s
'only ever this!'


Guru, I salute you, on this, the day of your funeral;
going underground again  -  but there’ll  be no ‘lowsin time’.




touching his coffin  -
in the dark wood
loving eyes



                                                                      Note:  ‘lowsin time’ – finishing time.

No comments: